Below are a series of screen shots taken last week as I worked towards the final rendered image of the Jindu Pavilion. An interesting challenge with this shot was creating realistic ripples in the pool while still maintaining a high level of reflectiveness. This was accomplished with two renderings, one with a glass reflection, the other with a bump-map. I then combined the two renderings in photoshop. More on the project can be found here at Paul Lukez architecture.
Sketchup model ready to be rendered
Kerkythea rendering with waves in the pool
Kerkythea rendering without waves and showing white structure in the skylight
The final image with an extreme amount of photoshop editing.
I've recently been working on some renderings for a new project at work located in Honduras. In an attempt to avoid a computer generated appearance, these renderings experiment with multiple techniques to realize a more artistic painterly look. I’m in the process of creating some new tutorials that better describe these techniques. As with most of the renderings on this site, the images where created using Sketchup as the modeler, base rendering done with Kerkythea, and lots of Photoshop for the post processing. The following images are property of Paul Lukez Architecture
Over the weekend, I put this video together showing the work-flow of one of my final thesis renderings. Its not quite a tutorial, but still does a decent job of showing the steps I used to create the crowded atmosphere.
If the video does not appear or has been banned CLICK HERE
A few things to note about the video is that it is a remake of the final rendering, and not the actual rendering I used in my final thesis presentation. That will explain the choppy and pretty brutal Photoshopping around the people. In the real rendering, I took more time clipping the images. However, I needed to keep the video short (under 10 minutes) which meant really speeding things up. Also in the final rendering, I place more people around the perimeters, added digital score boards, and other minor additions not shown in the video.
For the base image, I rendered the Sketchup scene in Kerkythea which probably took no more than 20 minutes. I then used crowds from 7 different arena images to obtain the proper perspectives.
Below is the actual rendering used in my thesis project
Renderings have been started for the final presentation. There will still be some editing, but for the most part, they will follow this style. I am using Sketchup and Rhino for the modeling, Kerkythea and Hypershot for rendering and base images, then finally photoshop for all of the post processing.